Nutrition is a critical and often overlooked part of preventive health and treatment. Your food is your fuel for health and life. The wrong diet can lead to diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, high blood pressure, and chronic inflammation. Dr. N. Johnson will perform a complete nutritional analysis and test your metabolic rate to see how efficiently your body uses your fuel. We use GENOVA Labs to test for the patient’s most common food sensitivities. Food sensitivities are often overlooked as possible causes for a multitude of health problems. Dr. Johnson will help you eliminate your food sensitivities and the health problems they create. Other tests include:
- Cleveland HeartLab® (CHL) is the advanced lab testing done with your physical and follow-up visits.
- The CHL lab test can identify cholesterol problems, thyroid imbalances, vitamin D deficiencies, low omega 3s, excessive carbohydrate and sugar intake, inadequate exercise levels, and more.
- Should a nutritional deficiency be found, such as low vitamin D or low Omega 3s, we have nutritional supplements that can be purchased onsite.
- Additionally, we can check for mutations in the MTHFR gene. MTHFR is a gene that produces an enzyme that converts folic acid in your food into active forms your body can use. These active forms help create neurotransmitters that stimulate your brain to think, learn, sleep, and even express your emotions. Mutations in this gene may be linked to a wide-ranging set of symptoms, including: fatigue, anxiety, ADD/ADHD, foggy thinking, addictions, fibromyalgia, pulmonary embolisms, miscarriage, schizophrenia, severe depression, cancer, and autism.
- A saliva cheek swab test can be used to identify the most effective and the ineffective medication choices for you.
- Heavy metal testing can help confirm or rule out toxic levels.
- Stool testing can help identify parasites and overgrowth of bacteria.
When you want comprehensive disease prevention and individualized healthcare, call Neal D. Johnson, MD, at 512.346.6086. For your convenience, you can use our online Request an Appointment form to book your consultation. Our preventive care patients come to us from Austin, Pflugerville, Round Rock, Cedar Park and Wells Branch.